top of page

Resources to Assist with the Transition to Adulthood

  • Rhode Island's Office of Rehabilitation Services (ORS)

    • ​The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Program is the public state and federally funded program that assists individuals with disabilities to choose, prepare for, obtain and maintain employment. It is expected that individuals with disabilities who apply for services are interested in becoming employed and understand that this is the focus of the VR program. To learn more about this program, visit

    • HDC is a vendor of ORS, which means if found eligible, we can provide these employment services. To apply for ORS services, you can fill an application found here

  • State of Rhode Island Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities, and Hospitals (BHDDH)

    • BHDDH provides long term high-quality, safe and accessible health care services for all individuals with differing intellectual/developmental abilities, mental health or substance use disorders. To find out more about their services or to fill out an application, visit If found eligible, we can provide direct support via the self-directed Options Program. 

  • ​Rhode Island Parent Information Network (RIPIN)
    • ​The RIPIN Call Center offers free support to any Rhode Islander who needs help accessing healthcare, health insurance, or special education for children with disabilities. RIPIN services are provided by peer professionals, with expertise and training as well as personal experience navigating systems on behalf of themselves or a loved one. RIPIN helps any Rhode Islander, from infants to seniors.
    • Phone: 401-270-0101 Website:

  • Planning Guide for students with disabilities who are pursuing higher education

bottom of page